This page allows you to edit the issue types available in your account/company.
The list shows the "master list" of all issue types available to you at a company/account level. At first, it only shows several that is available in VisionProject by default (bug, task, feature request, support issue), but if you have created some custom issue types, they will be shown in the list as well.
In every project, you can choose which issue types to use, from this list. A project can use all, a few or even just one issue type. That set up is made by a project administrator in the project settings.
- Create a new issue type by clicking on "Add new issue type"
- Delete an issue type by clicking on the grey "X" icon in the table.
The Edit issue type
To Edit an issue type simply by clicking on the different fields in the table. (See more information below).
- Specify labels for the text area(s) for this issue type: This section shows information about text areas for the issue type. All these textareas are technically part of the Description field, but can be presented as independent fields/textareas. You can change several things:
- The name of a text area ("Description" by default)
- Mandatory - check this to make it mandatory to enter data in the text area before saving the issue. Otherwise it is optional.
- The ordering of the text area (use the "up" arrows to adjust the order) .
- You can delete a text area by clicking on the "X" icon.
- You can also add more text areas for the issue type. Just click on the "Add new textarea" to get a new row for each area.
"The text areas below should be shown in separate text areas in Edit issue" - check this if the fields should be shown as different fields when working in the issue.
- Otherwise, the fields are only separated when creating the issue. When working with the issue, they are all migrated into one description-field.
Note: The "Bug" issue type comes with three extra text areas by default ("Steps to reproduce", "Actual result" and "Expected result"), but you can change these or add more fields.
Note: While these text areas can be presented as independent areas, they are actually part of the Description field, and will be shown in the Description field when the issue is exported, for example.
- Order (sorting order as integer value).
- Tip: space out the numbers on issue types, so you can insert a type between two existing ones, if needed.
- Icon: clicking on "Change" will result in a popup icon chooser, where you can select a new icon.
- Background, Foreground - these fields control the appearance of the isue type in the list. The values have to be entered in 6 digit hexadecimal RGB code, meaning each group is a value from 00 to FF. Some sample colors are (#000000=black, #FFFFFF=white, #FF00000=Red, #00FF00=green, #0000FF=blue, #FFFF00=yellow.. (You can read more about web colors here)
- Display mode - whether the issue type is shown with icon only or name only.
- The Is meeting checkbox - check this to make the issues of this type also be Meetings, with additional features like having an Attendees section, as well as meeting notifications.
- Is a milestone
- Is a round
- The Default checkbox - check this for your default issue type, which is used if no type is specified.
- Used in project(s)
This dialog allows you to change for which projects the issue type is used. Issue types can also be set to used/unused in individual projects as well (In the project settings).