This is done in a file called visionproject_database.properties file that you can find in the <YOUR_WEB_APP_PATH>/WEB-INF/classes/ directory on your server
databaseType - should be MSSQLServer or MySQL, example "databaseType=MSSQLServer"
user - should be the username that you log into the system with, such as sa or root, example "user=sa"
password - should be the database user's password, example password=mypassword
numberOfInitialConnections - the number of database connecitons the server should start with
driver - depends on the database you have installed. Use one of the following:
- driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver for MySQL
- driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver for MSSQLServer
url - depends on the database you have installed and needs to be changed according to the formats below:
- or with the IP as follows
MS SQL Server with named instance "vflow"
Please note that all values above are case sensitive.
If you have problems connecting to the server please try the following:
- Ping server to make sure it is reachable from other server
- Try to connect to server via telnet
- For MS SQL Server use: telnet <YOUR_IP> 1433
- For MySQL Server use: telnet <YOUR_IP> 3306
- If you use MS SQL Server make sure the server is configured with "Mixed mode Authentiction"
- If you use MS SQL Server the password should not contain any windows domain, just username and password