The hosted version of VisionProject 9.4 was released on June 15th 2013
As usual new version includes many new features and improvements requested by our customers!
All new features are visible in the idea management section in the the support centre on the tab "Planned" for our customers.
The most important improvements are highlighted below...
Improved push functionality to auto update grids / tables
Improvements to the push functionality to automatically update grids/tables, planning board and kanban boards. This makes it much easier for distributed teams
To enable this functionality you will need to enable any of the chat modules, see General --> Settings --> Additional features
New “Global rank” functionality for ranking issues/features/tasks
It is now possible to rank tasks / features / issues directly on the project level, there is no need to use sprints / iterations / phases for this
If you use the field "rank in sprint/version" then this has now been replaced with the new "Global rank" field.
New planning board
A new flexible and configurable planning / task board have been introduced. This will be improved step by step and replace the old planning board during autumn.
You can find this in the Project --> Issues / tasks tab --> "View:" drop down
Improvements to chat
+ Persistent (sticky) chats:
Chats can now be set to become persistent and always show missed messages clearly. You can set this by editing a chat room
+ Show chat history directly
Older chat history is direcly visible when opening a chat window
Handle delivery failure for emails
Email errors are now handled better and is stored directly on an issue / ticket for improved visibility
- Double clicking on issues in Kanban board doesn´t open them
- Improve the Java JRE check for Java applets, it shows too often. Show only when used
- Limit ability to set up 2 ticket systems for the same email account to reduce possibility for problems
Installed on-premise version
- Reduce logging for server warnings making the log clearer
- Add new vendor/supplier field on contract
- Add permission for editing issue history comments (and emails) from other persons
- New increased logging to easily see system errors in the "Recent activity portlet", such as errors when sending emails or system errors.
- Automatically created work log does not add time to Actual time when issue is created
- Comments not sent to reporter when status changes.
- Email addresses aren’t always trimmed, i.e. sometimes the email address could be malformed
- Search criteria on Boolean custom fields does not care if checkbox is checked or not.
- "Error" when right clicking on an issue / task, sometimes
- It doesn´t work to do an email reply to multiple recipients, sometimes
- Dates in the web service API can be wrongly formatted somtimes