After preparing the new server by following the installation instructions available in the knowledge base follow the steps below:
- Copy the content of the webapps folder for VisionProject in the Tomcat path of your old server into the new server's webapps folder (this folder could be called ROOT or VisionProject or vp, depending on what you've chosen during installation)
- Move the document folder for the files in VisionProject
- Make sure that all file paths and URLs are updated with the new paths/URLs (in the VisionProject.properties) file based on the changes you´ve made.
- If you are running the database on the same server then move the database as well.
- Keep the name of the database
- Make sure the old user account is available
- Make sure the new database have dual logon access (if MSSQL server)
- If you make any changes to the database setup you'll need to reconfigure VisionProject accordingly in the VisionProject_database.properties file
- Make sure all file permissions are the same for all files and paths on both servers