When you download a new installed version of VisionProject it have been thoroughly tested by the development team before a release. The new version also has run in the cloud version for about a week before it is released for installed customers to make sure it is stable. However, it is not possible to guarantee with 100% certainty that everything will work during and after an upgrade.
It is therefore very important that you first upgrade your test environment before your upgrade your live system to make sure it works properly.
We recommend the following tests before you upgrade your live version:
- First run the installation on your test system and make sure the upgrade completes without errors
- Then make sure that the system starts and that you can login to the system without problem
- Log into the system and make sure it starts as it should
Then test core functionality in the system:
- Create, change and then finally delete a user
- Create, change and then finally delete a company
- Create, change and then finally delete a contract (if you are using the CRM module in your system)
- Create, change and then finally delete a product/service/CI (if you are using the product/service module in your system). Also try to search for products/services/CIs in the CMDB (product/service catalog) and on issues
- Create, change and then finally delete an issue/task in any project/workspace
- Send a chat message back and forth between 2 people (If you are using the chat module in your system)
- Test push in the dashboard by updating two separate issues from two different web browsers (such as FF and Chrome) by logging in as two different system users
- Open a project/workspace and then create an issue/task in the project/workspace
- Send an email from an issue to yourself (if you are using the email ticket system)
- Reply to the email in previous step and make sure it is imported into the system. This require that you have separate test-email accounts set-up in your test environment (if you are using the email ticket system)
- Open and log into the support center (if you are using the Support center module in your system)
- Create an issue in the support center (if you are using the Support center module in your system
- Try to use the quick search function to make sure you find matching objects
- Test some of the standard reports to make sure they execute and return correct data
- Test some custom searches so that they work
Test customizations, integrations and newly ordered/financed functionality that have been delivered:
- If you have any custom developed code, such as integrations to other systems, then test that this works as intended after the installation of the new release.
- If any functionality or bug fix have been developed specifically for you then test that this works as intended
If any of the things above does not work then, contact our support team and send along the log files for your system.