To make sure VisionProject is performing well you should run the system on Java 7 and Apache Tomcat 7.
You can upgrade from Java 6 and Tomcat 7 by following the steps below:
- Shut down Tomcat 6 and make sure the process is not running
- Uninstall the old version 6 of Java
- Download the new Java, version 7, and install it. You can find it here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
- Download and install the new version 7 of Apache Tomcat, see here: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
- Make sure that the new Tomcat 7 process has the same permissions on the server as the old Tomcat 6 version, i.e. permission to open, read and change files in all common folders
- In the new Tomcat 7 webapps folder, remove the ROOT folder
- Copy everything from your /webapps/ROOT folder in your old Tomcat 6 installation folder to the new Tomcat 7 installation /webapps/ folder. Please note that your ROOT folder may be called something else, such as visionflow or visionproject
- If you have made any special configurations in your Tomcat 6 server then make the same configuration changes in your new Tomcat 7
- We strongly recommend that you i increase the memory settings for VisionProject by following the instructions here...
- Also make sure that the new Tomcat is running on the port that you want, such as port 80 instead of port 8080, see here for more information about how to do this...
- For Tomcat 7 you need to change the context.xml (in tomcat_home/conf). It should start with the root element :
<Context useHttpOnly="false"> instead of <Context>
- Start the new Tomcat and make sure it works
- Uninstall the old version of Tomcat and remove old files