Exporting and Importing issues with sub-issues
How does it work exporting and/or importing issues that are sub-issues, or that have sub-issues?
Select the issues to be exported, and select the export option. This should show the export dialog, where you can choose which issue fields to export.
The list includes these fields:
- Parent issue key - The issue key of the parent issue
- Parent ticket id - The ticket id of the parent issue
The import file should contain at least one of these column pairs:
- Issue key - The issue key of the issue
- Parent issue key (parentIssueKey)- The issue key of the parent issue
- Ticket id - The ticket id of the issue
- Parent ticket id (parentTicketId) - The ticket id of the parent issue
When an issue row has a correct value in one of these "parent" columns, then that issue will be set as the parent of the current issue, whether it refers to an existing issue, or another row in the import.
This way, it is possible to create and import an entire issue tree if all issues have a parent reference in the file (thus having subissues, sub-subissues, etc)
Note: We do not recommend import of more than 2000 objects at a time since that slows the system down. If more objects needs to be imported divide them into groups of a maximum of 2000 and then add more groups once the first is imported.