It is quite common to keep people (users) that reports issues/tickets informed about the progress of what is happening to it, i.e. when status is changed to it.
You do this by enabling email notifications for the users by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the workspace/project where you want to activate notifications to "support users"
- Click on the project settings tab
- Click on notifications
- Select the checkbox "Send notification to Support users"
- Scroll down on the page, click "Edit notifications"
- Choose what notification types that you want to enable for your "support users", for example "Status changes to completed" (issue has been resolved)
- Check the checkbox for "Reporter (Issue)" in the list to make sure emails are sent out to the user that created/reported the issue at this point
(Note: if you just select the checkbox for the group "Support user", this will send a notification to all users in the group "Support user". You should instead send to the reporter of the issue.)
Now you are done! But if you want to change the look and feel of the email that is sent out, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to "General" --> "Settings"
- Click on "Other configurations" --> "Notification templates"
- Select the notification template that you want to change, such as "Status changed notification to Support users"
- Select the radio button "Use the template below":
- Make changes to the template
- Click save.
For example you can, add the link to the issue by writing $url at the bottom of the template
If you want you can complete remove text in the template and write your own. You can also combine this with if-else logic, for example:
#if("$!projectIssue.issueStatus.name" == "Completed")
Ticket with id: $!projectIssue.ticketId has been solved.
If you con't reply to this ticket within 3 days the ticket will be closed.
The Support Team
#foreach($notificationContent in $notificationContents)