This is where you can adjust the notification templates for the account
Whenever a notification triggers, an email is sent to the specified users/user groups/subscribers to notify them. The appearance and content of this email can be customized to fit your needs.
Note: This is currently only available on an account level, which means that changes in the templates will affect all the projects on the account.
This page is also fairly technical in nature - usually only administrators will need to edit mail templates.
This page can be reached from Settings - Other configurations - Notification templates.
Notification templates: The page contain a template chooser dropdown list in the top section. By choosing a template, the other sections will fill up with data.
Notification template: This section contains
Two radio buttons where you can choose between using the standard default template, or to use the custom template shown in the bottom section.
Subject : Anything written here will be put into the email subject.
Content: This will be put into the body of the email.
Help: This section contains a list of available variables that can be used in the mail template. The list is different depending on the template selected in the dropdown list.
Understanding the template:
VisionProject uses a templating language called Velocity for generating dynamic text content. You can see parts of its syntax in the screenshot - IF and FOREACH statements for instance. Read more about Velocity here: http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/user-guide.html. VisionProject also has all its text in resource files, and can retrieve these texts by referring to key values.
A list of some constructions in the template:
- #if ..... #end : This is a Velocity if-statement. You can also use #elseif and #else.
- Example: #if(...) AAA #elseif (...) BBB #else CCCC #end
- #foreach (a in b) ... #end This is a Velocity repeat statement where a is an element in an array or list b.
- $msg.get("email.viewTheIssue") : This example references the messagehelper to return the text value for the key 'email.viewTheIssue'. All visible text is keyed to different resource keys.
- $url, $issueKey, $issueTitle et.c.. : These are examples of variables that can be used when designing notification templates. For a list, see the 'Help' panel.
How do I include all issue custom fields in my email template:
By adding the following code snippet you can add all your custom fields on your issue on to the notification:
#foreach($projectIssueCustomField in $projectIssueCustomFields)
#set ($currentCompanyCustomFieldValue = $projectIssue.getCompanyCustomFieldValue($projectIssueCustomField.customFieldIndex))
$projectIssueCustomField.displayName : $!currentCompanyCustomFieldValue
How do I include all user custom fields in my email template:
Use the format $!creatorCustomFields.textField1
Use the format $!creatorCustomFields.textField2
Use the format $!creatorCustomFields.textField3
And so on...