This is where you configure the exact functionality all user roles have access to
Here you will see a grid of checkboxes, one column per role in the company.
Every row corresponds to some functionality that you can allow or restrict a role from having access to. The bolded headings corresponds to the tabs/areas the functions are present in, and each row is a specific functionality. You should be able to easily check the boxes which the new role should have access to.
Beware: The changes are made immediately, so be careful to not change the administrator role!
Many different functions are available in this page, and more will be added in the future. This makes it possible to customise just what parts of VisionProject the different user groups can see and use.
Below is a closer description of the functions and comments about what they do:
- This section gives access to the functions/pages in the General panel (Dashboard, Calendar, Search, Users, Companies, Time, Reports, Products/Configuration Items, Contracts and account Settings.
This section has permissions about (Company/Account) users:
- View users - permission to view users and their information/settings.
- Create users - permission to create new users.
- Update users - permission to edit user information/settings.
- Delete users - permission to delete users.
- View online users - permission to see which users are online in the 'online users' panel.
- Create public search/filters - permission to create new searches/filters available to all. Everyone can create their own private searches/filters.
- Edit search subscriptions - permission to set subscriptions on a search - how and how often search results should be mailed to subscribers.
This section has permissions about customer companies:
- Create customer companies - permission to create new companies (which are shown in the Companies page)
- Update customer companies - permission to edit and update company data.
- Remove customer companies - permission to remove/delete companies.
Several permissions relating to projects
- Project page - permission to see the project info page for projects
- Create projects - permission to create new projects.
- Edit project info - permission to edit the project info.
- Remove projects - permission to delete projects.
- View project users - permission to view the 'Users' subpage for a project.
- Manage project users - permission to view the 'Manage user' subpage for a project. You also need the 'View project users' permission to see the manage link in the user page.
- Invite project users - permission to invite other existing users into a project.
- Setting for invite project users - permission to see the 'settings for invite users' dialog. It controls what user groups a given user group can import users to.
- View calendar overview - permission to see the calendar overview in the projects page.
- View open issues charts and portlets - permission to see the 'Open issues' charts (in the project page, for example), and portlets showing those graphs.
- View burnup/Burndown charts - permission to see the 'Burndown' and 'Burnup' graphs, and portlets showing those graphs.
- View estimated hours/user - permission to see the estimated hours per user (in project page). Also controls the permission to see graphs related to time (estimated, available, remaining and actual) per user
- View number of issues/user - permission to see the number of issues per user - total or by issue type.
- Edit resource availability - Permission to edit the resource availability table in Project page and sprint page. This shows how many hours a user can work a given week.
- View Project summary - Permission to see the project summary page, that shows summaries of all projects you have permission to see.
- View time/cost summary - permission to see the time/cost section in the project summary page and project info pages.
- View Costs (General setting) - Permission to see costs in general
- View Project Timeline- Permission to see the Timeline page
- Show inactive projects - Permission to see inactive projects at all
These permissions are all related to issues.
- Create, Save and Remove issues - these are the basic permissions for issue.
- Export issues - Permission to export issue data to file, for example as an excel, xml, pdf, csv or rtf file.
- Transfer/Copy issue - permission to either move (transfer) or copy an issue from a project to another.
- View subissues - permission to see sub-issues, issues that are subordinate to another issue.
- Edit subissues - permission to edit sub-issues.
- Add issue comments - permission to add comments to issues.
- View issue links - permission to see the link section on an issue, to see which issues are linked to the current one.
- Edit issue links - permission to create, edit and delete links between issues.
- View issue documents - permission to see the document section on an issue, see and download documents attached to an issue.
- Edit issue documents - permission to upload new documents to an issue, or edit/delete existing issue documents.
- View issue worklog - permission to see the worklog section on an issue. Worklogs contain reported/worked actual time on that issue.
- Edit issue worklog - permission to edit the worklogs on issues.
- Create issue worklog - permission to add new worklogs on issues.
- Remove issue worklog - permission to remove/delete issue worklogs.
- View issue worklogs for current user only - if this is checked, the user will only see worklogs created by themselves on issues. Useful to make some user groups only see their own relevant information.
- View sprint Control Commits - permission to see the VCC section on issues. This section shows code commits on the issue that has the given issue key in the commit description.
- Can create new user at 'New issue' - this permission lets you see the 'create new user' icon nextto the reporter field when creating a new issue.
- Edit issue access - permission to see the 'Permissions' section on an issue, and edit the permissions, thus controlling who can access the issue.
- View Gantt chart - permission to use the Gantt view as an option to the normal issues table.
- View Kanban board - permission to use the Kanban board view option in addition to the normal issues table. The Kanban board is an aid in managing issues and issue flow.
- Configure Kanban board - permission to edit configuration of the Kanban board setup.
- View issue history - permission to see the History section of an issue, where you can see what has happened on the issue since its creation.
- View only issue discussion - This permission controls whether the user role should only see the issue discussion in the issue history, and not for example, status changes. Beware! This permission should NOT be checked for administrators!
- View issue Subscriptions - permission to see the 'Subscribers' section of an issue, and set yourself as a subscriber of an issue.
- Can add/remove others as issue subscribers - permission to change subscription status for users other than yourself.
- MS Project import/export - permission to import issue(s) to and from MS Project. This is done through the export/import icons in the issues list.
- View issue SLA - Permission to view the SLA section on an issue, to see what SLA's are active on the issue, and their statuses (In progress, achieved, breached..)
- Viev and Edit sprints - permission to see sprints (milestones/versions/iterations..) and edit them, respectively.
- View/Edit Burn down - permission to see and edit the burn-down graph in the sprints page
- View/Edit build history - permission to see and edit the sprint build history, which shows a list of builds on the project.
- View release notes - permission to see the release notes for the given sprint.
- Edit release notes - permission to edit sprint release notes
- Create folders - permission to create folders for documents
- Create documents - permission to create documents
- View project documents - permission to see documents on projects. Which documents you actually see may be dependent on permissions on the individual documents.
- Edit project documents - permission to edit documents on project. This includes rewriting html and text issues in the 'edit content' pages, as well as replacing a document by uploading a more current sprint.
- Remove project document - permission to delete documents on a project.
- Edit document access - permission to edit the document access/permission, i.e. who has access to read/look at the document.
- Move project documents - permission to move a document between folders in the same project.
- Edit published flag - permission to change the published flag for documents. Published documents are accessible by support users using the support center.
- Edit general support center - permission to edit general settings for support centers
- Design support center - permission to edit the design section of the support center. This contains the HTML header, body and footer of the support center, as well as URL's for important direct links to support center sections.
- View knowledge base - permission to see the knowledge base (KB), which can contain informative articles
- Edit knowledge base info - permission to edit the (few) general settings for the KB
- Edit knowledge base categories - permission to create, edit and delete categories, which groups similar articles together (think folders..).
- Edit knowledge base articles - permission to create and edit KB articles, which can contain useful information (think individual files..).
- Remove knowledge base articles - permission to delete KB articles.
- View and edit outdated articles - permission to see and edit KB articles which has been reported as 'outdated'.
- Add article comments - permission to comment on individual KB articles
- Edit or delete article comments - permission to edit comments on articles. Without this, you may only edit your own comments.
- Edit spam folders - permission to access and edit the spam folders where some e-mails may end up.
- Email reply - permission to use the function 'Email reply' on an issue, which creates a mail to be sent to the reporter (or other commenter) of an issue.
- These permissions are pretty self-evident, and concerns creating, editing and deleting forums, forum posts and forum categories.
- Configure project setting - permission to see the project settings tab, and edit the different project settings.
- These permissions allow you to see a different report each: 'Time report', 'Resource allocation report' and 'SLA reports'
- These permissions control access to some of the portlets available in the Dashboard: 'Recent activity', 'Late/upcoming sprints', 'Trend diagram', 'Resolution timeline diagram' and 'sprint timeline diagram
Note: A configuration item can have many names in the system. The default config item we use is 'Product', but other names are possible, like 'Service', 'component', 'asset', 'Config item', etc..
- View /edit configuration items - these permission allows one to see and edit configuration items.
- Edit configuration item types - permission to create/edit/delete different Types for configuration items.
- View and use chat - permission to see and use chat at all.
- View and use the support chat - permission to see and use the support chat to communicate with external support users through the support center.
- View and use the company chat - permission to view and use the internal/enterprise chat functions like account chat, chat on issue, user to user chat