This is where you create user Groups used in the permission architecture
Basically, a Role determines the access to functionalities, or aspects of VisionProject. Each user Group have one Role. A user can have different user groups in different projects. The groups determine what data you have access to - many parts of VisionProject(issues, documents, etc) allows for setting permissions to selected user groups.
To create a new user Group, just click 'Add new user group', to open the edit Group dialog. Configure and press submit.
- Name - The name of the user group
- Role - Select from the user Roles available on the account, in the dropdown list.
- Is Administrator - check this if the user group is of the administrator type.
- Is Project Administrator - check this if the user group is of the project administrator type.
- Is Support User - check this if the user group is of the support user type (used for external customers, for example).
- Copy tab access and issue field access from this User Group: - select an existing User group to copy these configurations from.
The table lists all current user groups on the account. The table shows name and role for each user group, and whether the group is any of the special types (admin, project admin and support user). The Actions column shows a number of functions for each user group:
- Delete - click this to delete the user group. Note: Only roles not used by any user can be deleted!
- Edit user group - click to open the edit user group dialog for that user group.