What are SLA Targets?
Note: Prior to VisionProject version 6.2, this page was called 'Alerts', but this functionality has since been tied to SLA's (Service Level Agreements) as 'SLA Targets'.
SLA Targets are a way of triggering events for specified actions. They are defined on the account level, and coupled to project specific escalations that handles what happens when a SLA Target is triggered.
The page is available in Settings -> SLA settings -> SLA Targets.
The page has a table showing the current SLA Targets.
The columns are:
- Title - just a name for the SLA Target
- Trigger type - when/why the SLA Targets trigger
- Work schedule - Which times the SLA Target can trigger at all (The company working hours is a common one)
- Filters - For which issue statuses, types and priorities the trigger should occur.
- Action - contains function icons, like Edit and Delete
Each SLA Target also mentions for which projects they are used in.
You can adjust the SLA Targets in several ways:
- Add SLA Target: Click on the link 'Add new SLA Target' in the header to go to the edit SLA Target page.
- Edit SLA Target: Click on the edit icon for a given SLA Target to edit it in the Edit SLA Target page. You can also click on the SLA Target name.
- Delete SLA Target: Click on the delete icon for a given SLA Target to remove it.
The Edit SLA Target page have the following sections:
- General info
- Title - The name of the SLA Target.
- Active - This checkbox is checked if the SLA Target is active. Checked by default for new SLA Targets.
- Work schedule - Select the work schedule for the SLA Target in the dropdown list. SLA Targets do not trigger outside times defined in their work schedule.
- Triggers when: - select the trigger in this section by choosing an option and enter the time.
- Issue has not changed for X hours: Triggers when there has been no activity on the issue for X hours.
- Start date: Triggers when the issue Start date has passed. This option is mostly used to be able to generate escalations before the Start date.
- Due X hours from now: Triggers X hours before the Due date.
- In progress more than X hours: Triggers when an issue has been worked on (have had a status which has the 'in progress' flag) more than X hours.
- Time in Start or Running statuses more than X hours: Triggers when the issue has been more than X hours in statuses flagged as 'Start or Running', as opposed to statuses flagged as 'Pause' or 'Stop'. When this trigger option is chosen, you will see a list of all available statuses, and the flags above. You must flag each status to use this trigger option!
- Criteria - If no filter is selected, the SLA Target can trigger for all issues. Select one or more filters to limit the issues that can trigger the SLA Target.
- Filter statuses: Only issues having the selected status can trigger the SLA Target. If no status is selected, all statuses can trigger.
- Filter issue types: Only issues having the selected issue type can trigger the SLA Target. If no issue type is selected, all issue types can trigger.
- Filter priorities: Only issues having the selected priority can trigger the SLA Target. If no priority is selected, all priorities can trigger.
- Filter severities: Only issues having the selected severity can trigger the SLA Target. If no severity is selected, all severities can trigger.
- Escalations - This shows a list of projects where the given SLA Target is active, as well as the escalations active, if any. Use the checkboxes to add the SLA Target to different projects. For the activated projects, you can click on 'edit escalations' to show the list of escalations. To edit or add escalation, just click on the edit icon and 'add escalation' respectively.
Edit escalation dialog - This dialog allows you to add and edit escalations for a SLA Target.
- Time for Escalation: You can either escalate before or after the trigger of the SLA Target, measured in hours and/or minutes.
- Escalation actions: - what should happen to the issue when the escalation triggers. You can change current owner, status, priority, and change the modified date to the trigger time.
- Send notification(s) to: - Which users or user groups should get the notification when the SLA Target triggers.