The screenshot applet that is implemented using Java and therefore requires the Java plugin for your web browser.
The latest Java plugin, also called Java Runtime Engine, can easily be downloaded and installed here: http://www.java.com
Sometimes multiple Plugins/JRE'e has been installed on your computer which might result in errors. Always make sure you only have the latest version of Java installed. Make sure that you uninstall older versions of Java.
If you have any problems using any of the applets in VisionProject then first go to this page and verify that you are running the latest version of Java: http://www.java.com/sv/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre
To ensure that only the latest version of Java is is installed (on Windows):
- Go to the "Control panel"
- Open "Java" to open the Java control panel dialog
- In the dialog, click the Java tab
- Click "Show" and make sure you only have one Java Runtime installed, such as JRE version 1.6.0_07
If you have more than one JRE installed then this might cause problems, so to resolve this:
- Open "Add and remove programs" in the control panel
- Make sure that only one version of Java is installed (you should only find one row with "Java (TM) 6 update 7 or similar")
- If more than one then uninstall all versions of Java
- Re-install the latest version available at http://www.java.com
- Try using the screenshot applet again
- If you still have problems, then contact us at email@example.com
If you are using https (the URL starts with https:// instead of http://), then you also need to make sure that the SSL certificate used on the web site is a valid one. If you are running VisionProject from our hosted servers then you don't have to worry about this.