What is the Navigation Panel?
The Navigation panel is the left side panel in the user interface for VisionProject. It contains sub-panels whose functionality is easily available, as the Navigation panel remains to the left of the main tabbed panel.
The Navigation panel can be easily minimised though - just click on the "<<" icon on top right of the Navigation panel. To expand the panel again, just click on the ">>" icon.
The sub-panels in the Navigation Panel are (Note that you might not have permission to see all links, depending on your user group):
- General - Contains links to special tabs
- Dashboard - Opens the dashboard, a collection of useful info and functionality, allowing users to see the state of your project(s) at a glance. A good choice of start page for VisionProject. Read more here: The Dashboard
- Calendar - Opens the account level calendar, where you can view events (issues, sprints and contract start/due dates) from multiple projects. Read more here: The Calendar
- Search - The Search/Filter tab allows users to perform complex searches to find a subset of issues of interest. Read more here: Search
- Users - In this tab, you can search for users by name or User group. You can do some user management here as well. Read more here: Manage Users
- Companies - The companies tab shows an overview of the customer companies (support users from your customers, and the customer companies they belong to). Read more here: Manage companies
- Time - The time management page is where you can view and edit work logs over different projects. Read more here: Time tracking
- Reports - This tab contains a collection of useful reports, like time/resource allocation reports, as well as SLA reports that tells you about the project status. Read more here: Reports
- Products - In this tab you can see a tree view of Products (also services/components/config items), and the data associated with them. Read more here: Product/Asset/Inventory management
- Contracts - In this tab, you can see an overview of the contracts, as well as products and SLA's associated with them. Read more here: Contracts
- Planning - this is a menu with these options:
- Timeline - clicking this opens the Timeline page, which shows projects, sprints, issues, products and releases. The timeline can be filtered and navigated back and forth in time. Read more here: Timeline
- Resource allocation - clicking this opens the resource allocation page where you can get an overview of time assigned to users, sprints and projects. Read more here: Resource allocation
- Settings - The general settings for the VisionProject account. Used by administrators. Read more here: Account settings
- Chat - This shows the main chat tab, that also has an overview of the current chats. This is only available if the chat module is activated on the account. Read more here: Enterprise/Corporate Chat
- (General links) - Optional. These links can be created and configured in the account settings, and can be shown individually or grouped under a header as a dropdown list. Read more here: General-links
- Projects - A tree view showing your projects
- Project categories are shown as folders, and individual project as nodes. Clicking on a project will open a tab page for that project. Note that several projects can be open at the same time!
- Right clicking on a project opens the project context menu, where you can do these things:
- Open project tab - This will show the available project tabs in that project. Click on one to open that particular project tab in that project.
- Create new issue - This allows you to create an issue quickly:
- List of available issue types. Clicking on one creates an issue of that type in the project.
- Send email - clicking on this option will allow you to create a new email that is then being sent from that project.
- Copy - This option will copy the project. You can choose what should be copied over, in the dialog that appears.
- New - This button opens the new Project tab page, in a new project where you can enter data and save the project.
- Summary - This button opens the project summary page, where you can see an overview of your projects.
- Manage - a couple of important functions related to projects are found in this menu:
- Manage categories - Create, edit and delete project categories in this page.
- Show inactive projects - will show all your inactive projects in a tab page. (By default, only active projects are visible in the other project views)
- Online users - Shows which users are online just now. Green circles if the users are active. Should they be greyed out, you can try refreshing the panel.
- Right click on the user name to show the User context menu. It allows you to:
- See info about the user
- Start a chat with him/her if the chat module is activated.
- Click yourself to edit your own online status and write something in your status line.
- Last visited issues - Shows the 10 last issues you have been in.
- Click on an issue to open it again in the main panel, in its project tab.
- Right click on the issue to open the context menu for the issue.