An issue source tells you how an issue was created, or from where it originated (Email/Support center/phone/etc).
You can choose to add the issue field "Source" to an issue field configuration (General - Settings -Issue configuration - Issue fields)
The current source types are as follows:
- Normal - The issue was created in the system by a normal user (not a support user) which was logged in.
- Email - The issue was created in the email ticket system by someone who sent e-mail to the email address for that ticket system (This is usually someone mailing a question to the support mail for a project)
- Support Center - The issue was created in the system by a support user logged in to a support center portal for a project.
- Simple Form - The issue was created by someone filling in and posting a 'Simple form' HTML webform. (This can be used to make support users report issues from another system/website than VisionProject)
- Webservice - The issue was created by a call through the web service API. (This can also be used to create VisionProject issues from another system)
- Phone - This is available as an alternative to Normal in the system. The system can be set up to allow you to choose values for the Issue Source field when creating issues. This makes it possible to create an issue for a phone call by selecting Phone instead of Normal.
- Chat - The issue was created as a chat, probably as a support chat from the support center. The chat messages are shown in the issue history.
- Walk in - The issue was created on the basis of the information gathered in a physical meeting.
You can see reports on issues based on their source. Go to General - Reports - Issues - Issue distribution. In that report, choose to distribute on Source.