After VisionProject has been installed and the Apache Tomcat service has been started you can test it to make sure it is running properly.
1. Start the initial configuration
On the server, go to the following URL : http://localhost/ or http://localhost:8080/ if you haven't changed the default port in Tomcat
A wizard where you can specify an Initial configuration will be shown. Note that you can open up the wizard from within VisionProject as well, available in: 'Settings -> General ->Server properties'.
For more information about the settings in the initial configuration please see the description of the properties in the visionproject.properties file. You can also reach all these settings directly on the server side via this file. The visionproject.properties file is located in the WEB-INF/classes/ folder on the server.
When you are done with the Initial configuration you can move on to step 2.
2. Increase the memory settings
See here for info on how to do this...
3. Change Tomcat settings
In addition to changing the memory settings above you should set the following:
It is described in 2.) above how to set these settings
4. Change the default file size allowed for document upload
See here for information about this...
5. If you are using MySQL
Increase the wait_timeout system variables in MySQL, for example to 345600. Restart the database server and VisionProject server after this.
6. Login to your admin account
Login to your admin account using:
- username: admin
- password: admin
We suggest you change the password right away!
7. You are now ready to start using VisionProject!
8. Please note that you can change the default language and other settings in the Settings tab!
9. If you have any problems during the installation procedure - verify the installation here...
If you are stuck, don't hesitate to contact us at support@VisionProject.se, if so then please send us :
- The system log files, more info here:
- A detailed description of your problems
- The result of the http://localhost/VisionProject/VerifyInstallation.jsp mentioned in point 6. above.