You can inherit these settings from a folder to its documents and sub-folders.
In the documents page, select the desired folder and click on the edit icon to the right in the Action column.
This opens up the "Edit document folder" page:
Edit folder name: This section contains basic document info
- Document: This is the document name
- Date created: This is the create date
- Date modified: Latest time the document was updated.
- Description: A short text descripton about the document
- Everyone/Just me/Select Group(s) and/or User(s): This is the normal access/permission section. Here you can control who can see the document.
- Inherit permissions to all documents and subfolders: This setting makes it so all documents and subfolders created in the folder inherits them permission settings of this parent. When adding a document, you will get a question whether you want to change permision to the folder one, or not.
- Inherit the published flag to all new documents and subfolders: This setting makes it so all new documents and subfolders will have the same setting fpr publication to the support center. When adding the document, you'll get a question whether you want to have the same setting or not.
(If enabled the folder is shown in the support center): This is the support center flag. The flag controls whether a document is available in the Support center or not.