The installed version was released the 15th of December.
Improved dynamic Timeline (Gantt)
The timeline was a well received and appreciated addition to the system that came in 7.4 released in October. For this version the timeline view has been improved in many areas, such as:
- More filters have been added so that you can easily filter out relevant data (Product, version, release, project category)
- Issues should have a context menu for easier editing directly in the timeline
- Date and time format in User Profile is now used in the Gantt/Timeline
- The timeline page should remember the previous filters, groupings and settings
- Releases / Versions without any issues are now displayed
- The timeline pane can be dragged by clicking and dragging. It jumps on step at a time such as a day, week or month (depending on your interval/zoom level)
Several other things have been improved in the project management module, such as new project settings for managing sub-issues:
- Parent issues should be closed automatically when all sub/child issues are closed
- Parent issue should be set to a "Work in progress" status when work has started on a child
More about project management here ...
Notifications in HTML
Email notifications have been improved by allowing for templates in HTML. This significantly improves the readability of the emails and the general look and feel.
To get the new HTML email notifications we recommend that you activate them by following the steps below:
- Go to "General -> Settings -> Other configurations -> Notification templates".
- Click "Send HTML notification"
- Click save
Data push from server (automatic refresh of data)
All portets in the dashboard that contain issue information, including the recent history portlet, are now automatically updated when changes occur. This means that all changes that are made by your colleagues are pushed from the server to your web browser, so that you always have the latest information without having to reload the dashboard. This feature require the use of the internal/company chat (XMPP) module.
More about issue/task managment here ...
Configuration (product/asset/inventory) management
- The standard product/service/asset field on issue is now configurable, so you can specify what part of the configuration you should for it
- The web service API has been improved to support CI's. This is useful for importing/updating data from external systems, such as build systems or infrastructure scanning software.
- You can now define relationships between configuration items (CI's) in the configuration management database. This is useful to find dependencies and for example see how incidents reported on CI's affects related services.
- It is now possible to tag KB articles with CI's, which is usefule
- Configuration items can now be "tagged" in KB articles.
More about configuration management here ...
E-mail ticket system
- New processing rules - "send auto-reply to other email address". This is useful if you receive notifications/events from external systems and want the auto-reply sent to the responsible person instead of back to the sender address.
- New processing rules - "categorize as spam". This makes the integrated SPAM engine even more powerful and flexible.
More about the email ticket system here ...
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Created and modified fields on Company
- "Show in Google Maps" added on address
- History tab on Users, Companies ans Contracts improves traceability significantly on these objects
More about this here ...
The permission and "published flag" settings can be inherited from folders to new documents and sub-folders. This improves usability significantly when managing a lot of files in many subfolders.
More about document management here ...
We have added a wizard style installation program that makes it much easier to install VisionProject and upgrade it from one version to the next.
- The history log in the dashboard now includes changes on more objects, such as for Company, User and Contract
- The quick search will now search for "sub-strings" and not only for exact match which makes searching easier
Important changes in Web Service API
Starting from v7.5 we have added versioning in the Web Service API. We have done this by adding two new login methods, login2 and loginWithAPIKey2.
What does this means to me?
If you need to update any attributes that are new in v7.5 you have to use the new methods when logging in like this:
// Installed version
VisionProjectWebService.login2(user, passwd, "7.5");
// Hosted version
VisionProjectWebService.loginWithAPIKey2(user, passwd, webServiceAPIKey, "7.5");
Older web service clients will work without modification.