This is the account level calendar where you can view current and coming events from available projects.
The page is organised into two parts:
- The big calendar pane, that shows the calendar view with events
- A sidebar to the right that contains a small month calendar, product, release, project and owner filters, issues/sprints/contracts filters, and iCalendar links.
The calendar pane
Navigation top bar: This contains the navigational controls and view interval buttons:
- Today - clicking this jumps to the day/week/month of the current date, depending on view.
- Forward arrow - Click this to move one view interval(day/week/2 weeks/month) into the future
- Back arrow - Click this to move one view interval(day/week/2 weeks/month) into the past
- Jump to ... (OK) - This control can take you to a specific date. Enter the date as text, or use the date chooser. Then click on the "OK" button.
- View interval buttons. Clicking these changes the current view interval of the calendar. The following options are available:
- Day - shows one day in a single column.
- Week - shows the week in 7 columns, one for each weekday.
- 2 Weeks - shows the period in 7 columns and 2 rows, one column for each weekday, and one row per week.
- Month - shows the period in a standard grid calendar view, one column for each weekday, and one row per week.
The main area of the calendar shows the events. The different events that can be shown in the calendar are:
- Issues. Start date and Due date will determine the beginning and end of the event. Left click to drag issue to a new timeslot. Actual Start and Due date are visible as hover text during the move, so you can see which time the issue will end up.
- Meetings. This is a specific type of issue which allows you to invite people to the meeting via email. You can move it as you do normal issues, but you may get a question if you want to send out invitations for the new time.
- Sprints. sprints can be shown and usually cover a time interval as a continous colored band.
- Contracts. Contracts are only shown as their due/expiration dates, so you can see if a contract is due to expire soon.
- Releases. This is a type of product/service/Configuration item of the type Release. It will be shown as a band between the start time and end time.
- User unavailability. The time for a work schedule exception (such as away time, or vacation) are shown as grey boxes or ribbons, telling you that the user is away. The name of the user and the reason for being way is shown in the box/ribbon.
You can left click on an empty space in the calendar to get a context menu to easily create a new issue in the calendar, first showing the projects, and under the projects the actual issue types for that project. After selecting, you'll see the create issue dialog, where you can enter data and save the issue.
In the context menu, you can also add a work schedule exception.
This contains several useful items:
- Current month - This is a small calendar in the upper right, showing the current month, with the current date in contrasting color. Good for an overview.
- Filters - Here you can filter the calendar items on projects and/or owner. These filter out unrelated calendar events.
- Products - Select a single product to filter issues/sprints/contracts on the product or select "No product" to skip the product filter.
- Releases - Select release(s) in this checkbox dropdown, to filter issues/sprints/contracts on the release.
- If no checkboxes are checked, events from all available releases will be shown (that you have permission to see).
- Projects - Select project(s) in this checkbox dropdown, to filter issues/sprints/contracts on the project.
- Selecting [Open projects] will show only events from projects with open project tabs.
- If no checkboxes are checked, events from all available projects will be shown (that you have permission to see).
- Users (Issue) - Select users whose issues you want to see, in this checkbox dropdown. The users are owners, reporters or developers of the issues shown.
- Selecting [Me] will show your own issues.
- Issue types - Select issue types to show only issues of these types in the calendar.
- Issue statuses - Select issue statuses to show only issues with these statuses in the calendar.
- Calendars - This filter will show events/calendar items for the three standard built in calendars. Just click on the color bar to add/remove the calendar from the view.The calendars have color choosers, so you can change their colors. The option "Display only this calendar" will show the selected calendar and close all others. These are the standard calendars:
- Issues - This will show all issues
- Meetings - This will show all issues of the "Meeting" type.
- Sprints - This will show all sprints (Iterations/phases/etc)
- Contracts - This will show all Contract due dates.
- Releases - This will show all Releases (Product/config item type) that have a set date.
- User availability - This will show all work schedule exceptions on users.
- iCal - By using the iCal-button you can subscribe to events using your favourite Calendar software, such as Outlook, Google Calendar as well as in your mobile phone.