The Quick-Search is a complement to the Search page
The quick search link is in the top right - always available in all pages, and opens up a dialog with the most important search options. For more complex searches, use the Search page instead.
The dialog have a radio button to choose between issue search and document search. It also has drop down lists for filtering. These filters are available:
- In project - Limits the search to the selected project. There are two special options as well:
- [Open Projects] - this filters the search on the projects whose project tabs are open at the moment. Just make sure to open the project, and then you can quicksearch on them using this filter.
- '...' - this is the same as "No filter". All projects you have access to are searched.
- In filter - This is a list of predefined search filters. The filters are the same as is available in the Filter menu option in the Issues page, or in the Searches tab in bottom left.
- Reporter - This filters on issues with a specific reporter from the selection. The selector is a special searchable paginated dropdown, where you can write part of the name of a user to make it quicker to find.
- Company - This filters on issues belonging to a specific company
- Owner - This filters on issues with a specific owner from the selection. The selector have the same style as for Reporter.
- Issue type - This filters on issues with a specific Issue type. The selector is a checkbox dropdown where you can check multiple issue types to filter on.
- Product - This filters on issues with a specific product/service/asset/Configuration Item set. The chooser shows a tree menu with products/CI's as nodes. Click on the "plus" signs to expand the nodes to show subnodes.
- Modified last - This allows you to limit a search to the more recent history. The options are:
- ... - This searches on all time
- 7, 14 or 21 days.
- 4, 8, 12 or 16 weeks.
- 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 12, 15 or 18 months.
- 2, 3, 4 or 5 years.
You can search on Title, Description, Issue key, Issue history, Solution issue field and/or Issue Tags - just check one or more check boxes. Enter the search string in the text field and press the Search! button.
Search results are displayed in a paged list, as shown in the screen shot below. You can toggle description on/off (issues with description take more place in the list). The issue fields shown in columns are: Issue key, title, status and owner.
Click on an issue title to open it in its project tab. You can also open the entire list as an issue list in its own tab, by clicking the 'Show in new tab' button. This is useful when doing several searches, or when you want to treat the list as an ordinary issue list - using context menu, for example.
Search criteria and matches:
The search will try to match the word(s) in the search criteria against the text in title/description/issue key/issue history/etc.
'Search' will match search, searching, searchable, etc.
Beware of using short words/syllables - you may get irrelevant matches. Searching on 'or' may match or, for, more, organization, error, etc..
If you have multiple words in the criteria, all of those will be needed for a match. (In other words, it is an AND search). Searching on 'Quick' and 'Search' will find any matches that have both quick and search in the text. It searches in all fields as an unified unit, not only the title and description, when doing an AND search.
You can do an OR search like this: 'Quick OR Search'. This would find issues with either Quick or Search in their text, or both.
You can use wildcards in the quick search.The wildcards are different between issue search and document search, and we will adjust this in the future. Meanwhile, here is the current setup.
Issue search uses these wildcard characters:
- % - Stands for multiple characters.
- * - Stands for any number of characters
Document search uses these wildcard characters:
- * - Stands for multiple characters.
- ? - Stands for a single character.
- You cannot have a wildcard as first character in document search.
For users to be able to search on company or user they have to have access to "Companies menu" and/or "Users menu" under general Settings > Roles/Groups > Role permissions.